I am interested in developing theoretical models to describe spin dependent phenomena in organic and inorganic semiconductors, in order to understand their electronic, magnetic and transport properties. I have developed tight-binding models to describe electronic and magnetic properties of magnetic doped inorganics semiconductors. I am currently working in theoretical modeling of spin transport in organics to study spin Hall effect, Chiral induced spin selectivity and spin diffusion length in organic semiconductors.
- Shu-Jen Wang, Deepak Venkateshvaran, M. R. Mahani, Uday Chopra, ..., Jairo Sinova and Henning Sirringhaus, Long spin diffusion lengths in doped conjugated polymers due to enhanced exchange coupling, Nature Electronics, 2, 98–107 (2019).
- M.R. Mahani, A. Mirsakiyeva, Anna Delin, Breakdown of Polarons in Conducting Polymers at Device Field Strengths, J. Phys. Chem. C, 121 (19), 10317 (2017).
- Simone Borlenghi, M.R. Mahani, Anna Delin, Jonas Fransson, Micromagnetic simulations of spin-torque driven magnetisation dynamics with spatially resolved spin transport and magnetisation texture, Phys. Rev. B 96, 094428 (2017).
- M.R. Mahani, A. H. MacDonald, C.M. Canali, Electric manipulation of the Mn-acceptor binding energy and the Mn-Mn exchange interaction on the GaAs (110) surface by nearby As vacancies, Phys. Rev. B 92, 045304 (2015).
- M.R. Mahani, A. Pertsova, C.M. Canali, Spin dynamics of Mn impurities and their bound acceptors in GaAs, Phys. Rev. B 90, 245406 (2014).
- M.R. Mahani, A. Pertsova, M. F. Islam, C.M. Canali, Interplay between Mn-acceptor state and Dirac surface states in Mn doped Bi2Se3 topological insulator, Phys. Rev. B 90, 195441 (2014).
- M. Bozkurt, M.R. Mahani, P. Studer, J.-M. Tang, S. R. Schofield, N. J. Curson, M. E. Flatté, A. Yu.Silov, C. F. Hirjibehedin, C. M. Canali, P. M. Koenraad, Magnetic anisotropy of single Mn acceptors in GaAs in an external magnetic field, Phys. Rev. B 88, 205203 (2013).