Open positions for PhD theses, Master and Bachelor theses and Postdoctoral positions at the Institute of Physics, Solid State Physics:
Our group works on the area of spintronics and nano-electronics. We work as well on other aspects of solid state theory, with a view towards multi-disciplinary approaches. Our group is very dynamic and we try to create an environment with diverse characters and expertise in order to attain a much more powerful approach to the physical challenges that we try to solve.
There are opportunities for diploma projects, master thesis, Ph.D. projects and postdoc research in Sinova group. The job postings are announced on the right column of this webpage.
Please contact Prof. Dr. Jairo Sinova for more information.
Possibilities for financial support for PhD students, postdoctoral fellows, and experienced researchers:
- Graduate School MAINZ: PhD students can apply for the "MAINZ Guest PhD program", and there is also an Student Internship Program for Master students available
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD): numerous types of scholarships are available to both students and researchers
- Alexander-von-Humboldt Foundation: postdoctoral and experienced researchers can apply for research fellowships hosted at the INSPIRE group
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions: research fellowship programme for postdocs
- Walter and Sibylle Kalkhof-Rose Foundation: Supervising Professors can apply for support for their Phd Candidates. Scholarship covers living costs (1.300 Euro monthly for the duration of one year). Research grants are also possible, but are only an exception to the rule.
- Freunde der Universität Mainz e.V.: Funding of Students, scientific events and research materials
More opportunities to pursue research in Germany can be found here.
Fulbright Doctoral Program for German Junior Scientists
For further information please click here.
- March 15th for the beginning of stay in October of the current year.
- September 15th for the beginning of stay in April of the following year.